Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Odd stamps : 06 h Stamps on cotton / silk

The number of odd stamps that were issued in the last months, and those who are about to be emitted in the near future is enormous.

I'm trying to keep up with all new issues, and I also try to buy them, so that I can present it on this blog.
The item of today is again a very special issue.


This stamp was issued to celebrate the year of the Dragon (2012).
It is printed on 100% silk.


It is also printed on gummed paper, so it's not an auto-adhesive stamp.
It was issued by the Hong Kong, China authorities and is a truly beautiful stamp.

Along with the sheet, a certificate of authenticy was given to each buyer.
I got mine as well of course.

I'm looking forward on receiving such a stamp (sheet) on a postally used letter.
I do hope to get such a copy one day.

No comments: