Saturday, March 16, 2019

Currency Today : Venezuela 05b

Shortly after finishing my post on the 20,000 Boliváres Fuertes notes, I found a new variation.

Let me refer to the post "Currency Today : Venezuela 05a"

I showed 2 different types of the 20,000 - note:

However, quite recently another note came to my attention :

On the top picture, the note with serial number A8, has a colour shifting 20,000.
This goes for most notes in the first issues (2016-2017).
The later versions only have a one-colour value print.

The new note I found has no colour shifting value (1) so it is a later printing.
The date (2) confirms it was issued December 13, 2017 similar to the note in the top picture, with serial C8. Signatures (3) are also similar to the C8-note.

The serial number of the (new) note below starts with A again, so I presume, the 'new' edition restarted with A8.... and in my first post, I posted a note of a later printing, when serial numbers already started with C.
However, there's a remarkable difference in the security tread (4).
Compared to the picture above, the note should have all features of the C8 note, except for this security tread.

Finally, the printing of the flower (5) ornament somewhere holds the middle between the two other issues, the flower isn't white, but not really colourful either.

yet another proof of how interesting this hobby can be...

No comments: