Thursday, December 16, 2021

Czech Hradčany stamps - Introduction 0.2

In my previous post, I introduced the 5 basic types of the Hradčany stamps of former Czechoslovakia.
Without much effort, a set of 26 stamps can be collected, to have 'one of each'.
However, this inexpensive stamp can open a new world if you are willing to take a closer look.

selection of Hradčany stamps
All issues, with the design type mentionned

1 h : dark brown (III)
3 h : violet (I)
5 h : light green (I) / also deep green (I)
5 h : bluish green (V) / also dark green (V)
10 h : red (I) / also dark red
10 h : yellowish green (V) - watch our for forgeries!
15 h : brick red (V) / also brown red (V)
20 h : bluish green (I)
20 h : carmin red (V) watch out for forgeries!
25 h : blue (I) / also light blue (I)
25 h : purple (V) / also black-white (V)
30 h : yellowish olive (I)
30 h : light red violet (V) - watch out for forgeries!
40 h : orange red (I)
50 h : purple (III)
50 h : blue (V)
60 h : yellowish orange (IV) / also reddish orange (IV)
75 h : greenish black (V)
80 h : olive (IV)
100  h : brown (II)
120 h : grey (V) / also silver (V)
200 h : ultramarine (II) / also violet blue (II)
300 h : greyish green (IV)
400 h : bluish violet (II)
500 h : brown (V)
1000 h : reddish violet (IV) / also bluish violet (IV)

Starting with 26 basic stamps, adding 10 know colour variations, we already have 36 stamps.
The rare ones are in bold.

So far only the imperforated stamps are subject to this post.
In later issues, the stamps were produced with perforations too.

common mix of

to be continued ...

No comments: