Sunday, December 19, 2021

Czech Hradčany stamps - 1 haller 1.2

In this post, I will present two more stamps from the 1st plate of the 1 haller stamp.

Both are from plate I.

Plate I, position 21

Below are two examples of the same stamp (and position).
In the P of POSTA, there is a colour spot (or break) at the top of the letter.
There is an additional spot in the sun, just above the roof.
Between the sun and the 5th tower, there is a spot that does not belong there.
Finally, there is a spot at the top of the value frame.

Plate I, position 21

Plate I, position 21

In both stamps above, the blue markings are the described plate flaws.
I have indicated some oddities in yellow too. At first, with only one stamp on my desk, I presumed that the yellow indications were coincidental, but, with a second copy of the same plate position, it seems, that those irregularities might appear on all stamps of position 21 (Plate I).

The other marks (not determinating for the position without the flaws above):
There are spots in the 3rd spiral,
The left frame is broken next to the second circle, and the serpentine left of that second circle is broken too.
On the right branch is an additional spot.


Plate I, position 25

Plate I, position 25
Next example is position 25, still from the first plate.
This is an example of a huge flaw.
On the left hand side, there is a big scratch, between the second spiral and the first circle.
Also the circle is affected.


Further more, the L of SLOVENSKA has an extra white spot on the right.
Looking at the sun, we see an opening at 10 o'clock, at 2 o'clock and at 3 o'clock.

Since all 100 stamps of each sheet are described with their own specific plate flaws, and there are as many of each position, there is no additional value given to each of those stamps.
But it does add a new dimension to this easy-to-obtain stamp.

to be continued...

No comments: