Thursday, December 23, 2021

Czech Hradčany stamps - 1 haller 1.5

More on the 1 haller Hradčany stamps of Czechoslovakia:
On this post, I will get deeper into two new plate I positions.

Plate I, position 57

There are some easy to find flaws on this stamp.

Plate I, position 57

One flaw on this position is the gap in the frame border, on top of the T.

The largest flaw can be found right of the right branch.
There is a dark line leaving the branch towards the image border.

Another flaw is the supplemental dots in the 3rd leaf.
There are also little distortions in the S of SLOVENSKA

One oddity is not described, so it might be coincidential, and not relevant for all stamps in this position:
an additional gap in the north east corner.


For the next one, we take a closer look at position 60 of plate I.

Plate I, position 60

Plate I, position 60

For this position, the key flaw is under the frame, below the value 1.

In the letter K there is a spot (mentionned flaw) but also in the O there is a spot (unmentionned).


On top of the 5th tower, there is a spot in the sky.
Two more - unlisted - flaws are left and right of this location.
We see a part of the sun missing (1 o'clock position), and on the other side, there is a gap in the right branch.

I even found another unlisted flaw, that might be coincidential, but still worth to mention.
It is a white dot next to the last spiral.


It would be great if other stamps from that same position would be available for comparsion.

to be continued ...

No comments: